The Nissan Qashqai – 5 Facts and other intresting informationApr 11th, 2017
Yesterday was our first opportunity to play around with the All-New Nissan Qashqai – Guelph NissanNissan Qashqai here at Guelph Nissan.
Not only were our staff excited to see it, a few customers came out to have a sneek peak.
The Nissan Qashqai (pronounced cash-kai) that visited our store was with us only a short time. This Qashqai was a prototype and driving from dealership to dealership for training. Our staff were able to learn about and drive the All New Qashqai around Guelph. Testing its available all-wheel drive system, its 2.0L-141HP engine, Its various available safety features like – Forward Emergency Braking and Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Intelligent Cruise Control, and Moving Object Detection.
The nice thing about the Qashqai is that it is based off of our best-selling SUV, the Nissan Rogue. Unlike its competitors like the Honda HR-V which is based off the Honda Civic, and the Mazda CX-3 which is based off of the Mazda 3. The advantages of being based off of an SUV instead of a compact car is that the All-Wheel drive system is already proven. Nissan didn’t have to try to adapt an AWD system onto a pre-existing platform. The Qashqai is an SUV and it drive’s like an SUV. Its rear suspension is an independent rear multi-link design. This allows for a more comfortable ride as well as a more nimble feel around corners. The competition offers a rear torsion beam suspension which means the rear wheels are connected and anything the right wheel does and left wheel will feel it, making for a more uncomfortable ride and less handling ability.
The Qashqai will be available in three different trim levels. S, SV and SL. The advanced features on the Qashqai that sets it apart from its competitors are available LED daytime running lights with LED Low-beams, Automatic headlights, The innovative Divide-N-Hide Cargo system similar to the Rogue, Heated front seats and heated steering wheel, Nissan’s Intelligent key system with push button start. Siri eyes free, Bluetooth hands free phone system, Remote engine start, the Nissan pioneered Around View monitor with moving object detection. The list goes on and on. Ask one of our knowledgeable sales consultants if you would like to learn more about the Qashqai’s available Trim levels or options and features.
5 Interesting facts about the Nissan Qashqai:
- It’s not technically a “new” SUV. The Qashqai has been available for sale in other markets like Europe and Australia where it has done very well. Over 3 MILLION have been sold globally since 2007.
- The Qashqai crossover got its name from a nomadic group of people that settled in Southern Persia during the 15th century in what is now Iran.
- The Qashqai is named the “Rogue Sport” in the United States.
- The tail lights have been designed with a sort of “spoiler” to help keep the rear of the SUV from getting to dirty and keeping the rear-view camera clean.
- The interior is designed like a “gliding wing” providing spatial symmetry with a sense of togetherness – combining a wide-open feeling with areas for personal space.
For more information on the Nissan Qashqai – contact one of our knowledgeable sales associates here
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
Share this Nissan Qashqai Blog post: http://www.guelphnissan.com/blog/2017/April/11/the-nissan-qashqai–5-facts-and-other-intresting-information.htm
Visit our website; http://www.guelphnissan.com/